Guests of Rodeway Inn Paris will find we’re situated perfectly, within minutes of a wide array of attractions that will make your visit unforgettable. Choose our hotel, as your home base, while visiting a student at Saint Mary of the Woods College or Indiana State University in Terra Haute. Paris is a town rich with history, charm and natural beauty. The rich history of Edgar County includes a visit from President Abraham Lincoln. Another historical location worth seeing is the France Hotel built in 1924. The natural areas of surrounding Paris also make for excellent hunting and fishing opportunities. The independent local restaurants offer some of the best food that you can find in Illinois.
If you’d like a little help with making your Paris plans, feel free to swing by the front desk and we’ll be happy to assist with helpful recommendations, directions, and guidance. We look forward to hosting you as our guest!
Castle Finn Winery is a small family-owned winery. The winery sits on a beautiful open area with a pond, woods and vineyard. Enjoy a glass or bottle of wine on the patio, or picnic tables around the pond. They offer fifteen varieties of wine from dry to sweet, and sparkling wines. To choose your favorite wine you can try 6 wines complimentary. They offer cracker and cheese baskets to complement their wines. They are also kid friendly, offering grape juice slushies for those under 21.
Less than a mile from our hotel, you will find the Edgar County Fairground, boasting that you’ll have some of the most fun you’ve ever had! Held each year in the summer, the fair offers activities and amusement for people of all ages. The fair also features a carnival with exciting rides and games. Make sure to try some of the great food offered! Other events at the Edgar County Fairgrounds include a beauty pageant, harness racing, tractor pull, and much more!
The Terre Haute Children's Museum is three stories of fun, giggles and discovery! This museum is full of entertainment, interactive activities for children of all ages! All of the exhibits, experiences, and programs have been designed to engage a wide range of ages and interests from age 2 to age 12 and their families. Children 4 and under will enjoy AIRways, Toddler Zone, Dig It, and more. For ages 5 to 8 make sure to check out the Fresh and Fit Market, Tree House and Waterworks. The 9-12 age group will enjoy exploring the Sea Shell Discovery, Fiddling with Physics, and the WTHCM Studio.
Things to Do
- Sutton’s Twin Lakes Roller Rink 0.1 mi
- Twin Lakes Park 0.8 mi
- Twin Lakes (Boating & Fishing) 0.8 mi
- Tiger Falls Splash Pad 0.9 mi
- Edgar County Fairgrounds 0.9 mi
- Paris Theater 2.2 mi
- Paris Bicentennial Art Center 2.3 mi
- Castle Finn Vineyard & Winery 14.1 mi
- Charleston Speedway 23.3 mi
- Terre Haute Children’s Museum 24.9 mi
- Eastern Illinois University 30.2 mi
- Parke County Covered Bridge Festival 35.6 mi
- Ivy Tech Community College 36.7 mi
- Indiana University Bloomington 87.1 mi
- Tuscany Steak and Pasta House 0.5 mi
- Joe's Pizza 2.3 mi
- Main Street Café 2.4 mi
- Kurly Q 2.9 mi
- Los Tres Caminos 3.4 mi
- Paris Family Restaurant 3.5 mi
- Clubhouse At Eagle Ridge 3.6 mi
- San Marcos Mexican Restaurant 3.8 mi
- Smoke Trail BBQ 3.9 mi
- Andrew's at The Westbrook Farm 6.1 mi
- Walmart Supercenter 3.3 mi
- Kroger 3.4 mi
- Plaza North Shopping Center 24.8 mi
- Meadows Shopping Center 26.6 mi
- Southland Shopping Center 32.3 mi